The Clintondale Fire Department was formed October 5, 1926 and was first called the "Hull & Sutton Memorial Fire Company" in honor of the late Hallock Sutton and John Hull. The name changed in December, 1926 to "Allied Communities Fire Company No. 1. The original firehouse was an old garage , rented for $35.00 a year, which housed the first truck - a Stewart Chassis mounted with Buffalo Fire Equipment. The present firehouse, built in 1965, sits behind the location of the old building and the attractive brick building contains four bays, a large meeting room, kitchen and office. In the spring of 1983 a large pavilion was built, by the volunteer labor of the fireman, for the use and enjoyment of the company. In 2001 two additional bays were added to the existing station to house the new rescue vehicle and other emergency equipment.